Thursday 4 January 2018

OUGD502 - SB01 - Creative Report


OUGD502

SB01


Creative Report

Understanding the Brief
This brief encourages us to contact professionals in the creative industry. The aim is to interview our design hero's and people who's work we admire

The completed report should utilise your skills as both a creative and a researcher and make use of material drawn from at least one personal interview with an appropriate spokesperson to then culminate in an insightful overview of a contemporary industry figure or organisation.

The interview can be conducted via Skype, Phone call or email.



Researching Creatives

My aim is to interview 3 creatives to create a substantial zine/booklet/publication

I will try to contact creatives that I have admired for a long time.
To start with I will write to Joshua Noom, Chris McClean and Tom Haugomat.


Joshua Noom 

Illustrator and Designer from Fort Myers, Florida.
I have followed Joshua's Instagram for years, before I really knew what I wanted to study. He is definitely one of my biggest influences.










Chris McClean

Chris is a film maker, graphic designer and illustrator. His short films were what introduced me to his work. His work tends to focus on surfing and my favourite of his works is Uncommon Ideals. He also is part of the team that produce Backwash Magazine, an independent surf anthology magazine focused in and around the Northern UK and Ireland surf community. This publication is now on its 3rd issue and for every unit sold a tree is planted.










Tom Haugomat


Tom is a independent illustrator based in Paris, France. I think his style is original and organic. I love his colour palette and his use of shadow and highlight.







No comments:

Post a Comment