Tuesday 8 May 2018

OUGD502 - SB01 - Careers Meeting


OUGD502 

SB01 

Careers Meeting

I have been trying to contact studios for a work placement over the summer but so far with very little success. 

I have been struggling to provide a suitable portfolio or CV. In response to this I booked a one to one Careers Meeting with Sue, a careers adviser.

We started by talking about writing a CV that is appropriate for the creative industry. It must include information such as phone number and email as well as a link to my portfolio or Instagram design account. It must talk about the relevant skills I have gained in each module during my Degree course. She suggested including relevant work experience include entering live briefs as this is classed as industry experience. This should be followed by employment history and It skills, including what programmes I have experience using. To finish, the CV should include emails or contact details of two referees, one of which should be a course tutor. 

I have asked for Sue to send me information on a skill based CV, which is just another way of compiling a CV. She has also provided me with an example of a CV she created to show Illustration students and links to helpful sites like Prospect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment