Saturday 11 March 2017

OUGD402 - Studio Brief 1 - Reflective Practice Poster



OUGD402

Studio Brief 1 - Reflective Practice Poster.




The poster is in the style of a map with a key showing 

- 2 key things you have learnt


- 2 key things that have really engaged you
- aims and ambitions for level 5 (and beyond...)
- 2 key things that you have not enjoyed

Key things I have learnt:
Its important to produce good work and work that fulfils your creativity.
The 'I'll slow when Im dead' method is probably not the way forward.
Burning out is a real thing.
Self branding is important, personality helps sell work.

Things I have engaged with:
I have really enjoyed learning new practice techniques such as boo binding and letterpress, as I can use these methods in briefs. By implementing them into my design I am improving the work I am producing.
I find visiting professionals very engaging. They give a sense of what the industry is like and it's diversity.

My aims and ambitions for level 5 are:
to increase my confidence in all of the Adobe suite programmes. I would like to improve my photography skills and bring more photography into my work. I would like to develop my personal style. I want to improve my time management skills as this will reduce my stress levels, especially near deadlines. I want to find more time to read and draw for myself.

Key things I have not enjoyed:
I have found it very difficult to create a brand for myself as this is the first time I have studied Graphic Design and I am still learning about what disciplines I enjoy. To create a brand for myself as a graphic designer has been very difficult as I still have so much to learn.

I have also found that I do not enjoy cooking. I cannot cook to save my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment