Friday 18 November 2016

OUGD402 - Nest Submission


Nest Submission

The Nest Magazine submission theme was focus.

I interpreted this brief in a scientific way. I looked at lenses and how rays of light converge at a single point, I also looked at the eye and how it functions and focused. Before beginning to research I considered the asthetic of my piece. I wanted the work to be black and white and have a gothic and victorian feel to it. I drew a portrait of a woman which had a lot of shading in the face to give this gothic feel. I wanted this portrait to look like an etching, I thought the best way to achieve this effect was to trace it into Illustrator. 

In the background I created an image which showed the function of the eye and how the brain interoperates the images we see. light enters the eye through the cornea, because this part of the eye is curved, it bends the light, creating an upside down image on the retina. I represented this using skulls because I think this suited the personality of the image. 

                                 

Finally, I created a representation of how light converge. The point at which these rays meet is called the focal point. I also blurred some of these lines to make them out of focus.




No comments:

Post a Comment