Friday 28 October 2016

OUGD402 - Stress Workshop


Stress workshop


In this workshop we looked at a book called ‘The Stress Report




The book contains some interesting facts and insights into stress and the creative industry.

85% of people would rather have one less working day than a pay rise.

43% of people have their best ideas mid exercise, 32% when in the shower, 20% during holiday and 5% in front of a computer.

Money, work and time cause the most stress.

25% of people use exercise as a form of stress relief. 17% use meditation. 16% use friends. 11% use music. Interestingly only 3% of people reduce stress by prioritising.

During the workshop we were asked 4 questions.

What negative thought have you had today?
What scares you?
What stresses you out?
How do you destress?



Many of the answers our class gave were very similar. For example, the most common negative thought was associated with appearance and the thing that stressed our class out the most was time management and deadlines. The majority of the class feared not being good enough.


Our task was to create a Haiku.

My Haiku is called ‘I Am’

I Am
    I am scared of failure
    I am not good enough
    I am falling behind.




To tackle this stress, I would create a calming app. This would be aimed at students and young adults. I would bring calming music, pictures of nature, positive and reassuring phrases and a feature that would help people concentrate on their breathing.


This product would help counteract the stresses we have been discussing.

No comments:

Post a Comment