Thursday 21 March 2019

OUGD602 - Health Check

OUGD602 


Health Check

After talking to Alec I feel less worried about next year as I have a loose plan in place. 

Plan A was to get an internship at Apple. Although I didn't succeed at getting this internship I did learn a lot through the process and It did force me to write a cover letter and produce a professional CV. I will write a blog post reflecting on how it went. 

Plan B is to get a short internship for around 3 - 4 months after I finish uni. I will then go travelling. and hopefully, come back to an internship. I will start looking into this now. Preferably I would like to avoid moving back into my mum's house but afford to do this without touching my savings. I would like to stay in the north for now.

Plan C is to work in Tesco until I go travelling. This isn't ideal and I would really like to avoid this as I have already worked there for 5 years. However, I will fall back on this if I really really have to. 

I will now look at agencies in the north. Preferably Manchester, but I will also look at places in Leeds and Sheffield and Glasgow as I have family there. 

I will create a long list of agencies I would like to work at and send them a proposal which will include what I can bring to the team, what I want and when. 

No comments:

Post a Comment